Please find below the first of our hopefully many more newsletters. This will not replace the emails and messages regarding events if they have to be sent separately, as well as emergency communications!
This is a new initiative we are trying and we will be doing our upmost best to continue with it. We will be sending one every 1-2 months where possible. If you have anything that you would like to be included in future newsletters please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read down below, as there are several items including the latest COVID-19 update from the government.
Athia Samaj Media Team
As of yesterday evening (23/03/2020), the government have put out stricter restrictions
These include, but are not limited to:
- Everyone should stay in their homes unless for one of four reasons
- – Shopping for food or medicine
- – Exercise for yourself or pets alone or with members of your household only. Not with friends or extended family.
- – Medical appointments or as a carer visiting a vulnerable person
- – Travel to and from work for essential workers only
- All non-essential shops closed except: food, pharmacy, newsagents, vets, petrol stations, hardware, banks, launderettes and undertakers
- Parks to stay open but communal play areas closed
- Places of worship closed except for funerals
- No gatherings of more than 2 people except for households
- Roads and rail networks to stay open but only for essential workers to get to work
- Police will have emergency powers from Thursday to arrest or fine anyone who doesn’t comply
More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
As mentioned before, if you are feeling unwell or presenting any symptoms, please begin self isolation at home and follow advice previously given. Alternatively more information for this can be found on: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Please keep yours and your loved ones health a top priority!
We all know home isolation for adults and kids can become rather tiresome and boring, and for all of us, this is a time of something we have never experienced before. However it’s something we must do for the benefit of others.
Below are just a few things that are happening or what can be done during this time for adults and kids to keep yourselves occupied and the mind healthy.
- Families together, read the following and provide each other space: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/the-family-lockdown-guide-how-to-emotionally-prepare-for-coronavirus-quarantine
- Take up a hobby that can be done indoors, i.e. knitting or puzzles
- If working from home, make sure you take adequate breaks
- BT online free courses: https://www.bt.com/skillsfortomorrow/
- Open University Free Courses: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue
- Free Audio Books – https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Authors doing online readings: https://www.weareteachers.com/virtual-author-activities/
- Tips and ideas for home learning: https://primarypeplanning.com/home-pe/
- Non Screen activities (Please see image below)
Things all can enjoy
- Gardens – Make use of it. Do gardening, or use it to exercise in (weather permitting)
- P.E With Joe – Every morning live at 9am, alteratively can catch back up. Good for all ages: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- 20 minute session of Live Bhajans with Bhavik Haria every evening at 9pm till the end of March for now on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bhavikhariamusic/ & Instagram: @bhavikharia
- Live Bhajans with Kishan Kotecha at 8pm on Thursday 26th March 2020 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kishkotecha/
Due to the recent restrictions in place during these uncertain times, please find an update of the events which are currently cancelled/postponed.
Events beyond April will be updated nearer the time.
• ALL Mandir Puja (Thursdays, Fridays, Bij etc) – CANCELLED TILL FURTHER NOTICE
• March Vrat Marsh Ujavanu (29/03/2020) – CANCELLED
• Easter Fun Day 2020 (05/04/2020) – CANCELLED
• Allergies Talk by Dr Deepen Patel (05/04/2020) – POSTPONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE